Friday, November 03, 2006

the new addition.

"i'm not going to attack you..."
"I know that. i was just thinking aloud."

actually i wasnt. i was passive aggressively letting this man- nice enough to drive me home- know i would stab him if he tried anything. mentioning that the knife in my purse needed to be replaced. and his calling me out on my bull was the start of my friendship with B.

hard to believe now he was so quiet when he first started working at the hotel. i cant remember how long it took for him to tell me we went to the same high school. i dont remember him from there, though we've probably been crossing paths since i first moved to east point. he lived a mile away from my old house and one of his best friends was in class with kesi. also he had english with my brother. the list goes on.

he started driving me and others home. that's him: worried about your safety and things. also, a young drinker. B looks like my older brother (literally, same skin tone, natural hair, big guy: 200 footballish lbs) but in reality he just turned 21 last week. but we'd go drinking last winter cuz he knows people. alcohol will bring people closer. when we'd be headed home, we'd talk about the girls who liked him from work. there are quite a few; he's a charmer.

he's the newest of my best friends. my club buddy. i laugh at his love for women. its almost an obsession. remember that joke by dave chapelle about how guys have things to impress women, where dave goes, "gotcha bitch"? i think every time B gets a phone number this goes through his head. i try to give him the neutral female perspective of things and listen to his views.

and he's freakin funny. i think of all things i can count on him to make me laugh during the workday. especially when the Hater is around. they get to arguing or something... but when we're with friends its even better. i cant even describe it over a blog.

the nature of our friendship is, i think, a catalyst. whenever the two of us are in the same area, neither can be in a bad mood. and usually neither are the people in the general area. of course there's seriousness, like with the dog, but its mostly fun. the kind of comfy fun that makes people best friends.

5 comments:

Jameil said...

awww. yay! friends are great. i don't want him to think "gotcha bitch!" hilariously wrong.

Madam DLBG said...

"i'm not going to attack you..."
"I know that. i was just thinking aloud."


HE-LARIOUS...u gotta let know you crazy these days...FA REAL!

Adei von K said...

i want to know if you really have knife in your purse...

it was funny that he saw through that!! "i'm not going to attack you"

the joy said...

stace- yes i really carry a knife in my purse.

madam- i have been wildin lately huh? like all my friends he can see through me when i'm trippin.

seriously jamiel, he is on every woman who comes in to our restaurant. kesi calls him a male hoochie- a moochie.

Jameil said...

would you use it?