Monday, November 27, 2006

money does too make you happy! and kinda pissed too

we're going to vegas. during all star weekend. this is the most expensive undertaking in the history of life.

i was online every chance i got bargain hunting. i checked every hotel site- cant get a discount at my own hotel chain cuz they know they'll be booked up that weekend and will NOT give me a discount. i was on every airline site, on every priceline type thing... i talked to my friend's bf who said to try spirit airlines. $99-149 per flight. they're just at cracked out hours. we'd arrive at midnight. shit who cares! those are great prices. between the boy and i it comes up to about $500 round trip. i asked the boy if he could swing 2. "not really." blah. i told him to try. he knows how important this is.

we went to sleep and wake up the next day to his mom calling him. "where's joy?" she then chastises me for leaving my purse on the kitchen table. most things we kids do in that house is to avoid a lecture. the mantra is, "do you want a speech?" cuz she will rant for days.

but then something odd happens... she handed me some money. "I hear there's a party coming up. buy yourself something." que? THANKS A BUNCH! i dont yet know how much money this is but its going to the trip fund. later i look and its $150! oh my god! this is so going in the trip fund. but what about a dress? oh you know i did.

i was once again surfing and found this great houndstooth sweater dress from wetseal. just arrived by mail saturday. fits me so well! i'm gonna be a doll at the christmas party.

in addition to the ups, there's gotta be downs. our hot water was off for a bit and i got it turned back on. apparently i missed a whole month of billing and i owed them way too much. shit! i paid half. then the car started smoking and the boy overdrafted in his acct. we've gone a week carless. my brother's phone broke and its gonna cost 40 to fix. i need that man to get a job.

so no matter what i'm still in the hole. but i'm getting those plane tix at the end of the week. and i did get a hot dress...

6 comments:

Madam DLBG said...

I KNOW THATS RIGHT!!! All that counts is that you look sexy in "the hole". betcha won't be thinkin' bout ya problems when ur shakin' dat azz in that New dresss next month!

Jameil said...

money's great.

the joy said...

i will look cute. i told kesi to get on my level with his outfit. i'm hoping more people will randomly give me money.

money is indeed great.

shani-o said...

I'm so bitter. All-Star Weekend does not appear to be in my budget. And I would SOOOO love to see you! Maybe I'll work it out.

the joy said...

i know i havent seen you since the night we DIDNT get in that club and camron got shot.

Adei von K said...

make that money! take that money!