Friday, October 06, 2006

to my best friend 2: kesi

i met kesi in 9th grade. i remember the event as if it were today. i was sitting on the floor with my friend and she said, "that's my friend kesi." i remember he looked like a middle school friend omar: tall, skinny, cute... and so i asked about him. was he american? he's got a funny name. he's in 9th too?

after that we were semi-cool. we both wrote poetry and would share what we wrote. we even sat next to each other in our school's poetry showcase... which was when i realized i REALLY liked him. but i was in a very turbulent relationship then and so we remained friends.

he knows alot about me that the average chick might try to hide from a guy. but he was there for it. we talked- and still do talk- openly about situations in our lives. he's a good listener, and a good distraction from those things at the same time.

ok so we eventually got "booed up" or what have you, but that's like an accessory. it was funny how our relationship really didnt change except that we had a new title and kissed more often. i'd say that he's two things to me. he's my boyfriend, my love, but he's also my best friend. i think one lends to the other. if we hadnt started dating we wouldnt be as close, but if we hadnt been able to laugh with each other i wouldnt have been so attracted to him. i think if we werent together i'd still want him in my life because he brings a brightness and a different view to things.

above all he's my giggle buddy. we have so much fun. we can take a joke and make it last months. i still call him shnookie, and that was something we got from a cartoon years ago. people sometimes feel wierd about hanging with us cuz they think they'll be the odd one out, but around others we're friends and i'm like one of the guys.

i try to give him some of the world he's never seen. give him new perception. and the same goes for him toward me. i think of all my friends, he and i are the most different. we look at the world from different views...

like i said i see our friendship lasting the rest of our lives. through whatever phases life takes us we'll always have the ability to undertand and grow with each other. that's why he's one of my best friends.

4 comments:

The Humanity Critic said...

Its gre at to have that soret of relationship with someone you are intimate with.

Jameil said...

awwwwww!! yay!!! "he knows alot about me that the average chick might try to hide from a guy. but he was there for it." lmao. clearly that was the hardest thing abt the bf becoming the bf. i was so annoyed at all the things i would've tried to hide he already knew!! hilarious.

the joy said...

humanity- yeah it is great. he's the bestest.

jamiel- lol sometimes he's like remember you said this and that? and i'm like no... wasnt me... but it goes both ways. i was there through his crazy exes too.

Jameil said...

yeah me too. but i'm nosy so i like knowing that stuff. i don't like him knowing tho! hilarious. i'm such a brat. lmao @no, wasn't me. both of us try that one and the other one gives the sideways glance like riiiiiight that wasn't you... ok.

but he's asked me several times including before we got together if we'd be friends if we weren't together anymore and i said i don't know. i don't. depends on how it ended. that's sad tho.