Saturday, October 14, 2006

ah, fall.

fall means three things for me:

1. pommegranates are back in season. yum.

2. lost is back on.

3. its worth it to press my hair and i can finally get it trimmed.

usually when i straighten my hair it fluffs back up at the thought of humidity or wetness. now that its colder and dryer i can do something to it! before my friend's wedding i wanted to curl it but it needed cutting and so i ended up with a ponytail that i didnt like. wednesday when i washed it i decided to curl it and let my mom cut it.

letting that woman near my head with scissors is asking for a panic attack. the last time she "Trimmed" it i got a toni braxton. you know, breathe again, super short... i didnt ask for it. all my hair was gone two days before school. i hated it. that was 7th grade. almost 10 years ago.

when she cut it this time she did something that had me worried. she immediately put it into two braids. didnt even let me see it. wtf? i let it go. at least its still long enough to do that.

today i finally took it out and styled it. cute! my hair was never long and it looks like i only lost an inch. still kind of chin length and in layers. i curled it up and kesi actually commented on it. "Somethin to pull," he chuckled. lol its got body, due to the fact that it wont resist its urge to get into an afro. yay tress cuteness!

ps: i wanna be at homecoming like i go to howard. have a little fun for me!

6 comments:

Jameil said...

never had a pomegranate. they get mixed reviews. can't do lost. love that your bf said now i have something to pull. hilarious.

the joy said...

pommegranates. pick one that's big and red, its gotta be firm because there's so much starch in them that if they arent there's something really wrong. i always cut into the flatter parts so i dont cut seeds. dont eat the white part! its time consuming to eat, but i like that. get some pom juice or even the tea. all good. and good for ya!

lost is the best but one of those shows you gotta catch from day one.

yeah he's a nut. but he's my nut.

Madam DLBG said...

I am having fun for you!!!

Jameil said...

joy... oh hell no. i don't like to work for my food. that's why i don't eat crab legs or shrimp. even if its peel and eat. not work the work. gotta be in the mood for ribs. i'll try some pom juice maybe.

the joy said...

yeah yeah... have your fun madam. its all good.

ok jamiel, but try the drink. its a lil expensive cuz its hard to juice, but yummy. i love shrimp so much.

La said...

It wasn't the same without you :(