Tuesday, September 12, 2006

obsessions

madam's inspiration:

MUSIC
i've always loved music. and i've loved all kinds, except most jazz. i play the violin and have a guitar that i can only toy with. i'm really into foreigners right now: MIA and lady sov are high on my list. and of course i love to dance. dancehall is my groove of choice.

LOST AND BONES
my absolute favorite shows on tv right now. they competed with times last year but now one's at 8 and the other is at 9. both are brilliantly written and make me feel smarter for watching.

UNDIES
i have about 70ish pairs. why? in high school, i got it in my head that no matter what i was wearing/doing, having a cute pair of drawers would make me feel confident. it was my lil secret. they are mostly from vickies (pink line) but occasionally i'll find nice ones from target or marshalls. i'm a fan of innuendo, so i own a few with felix the cat and cookie monster.

WRITING AND BLOGGING
i've been writing since i can remember. the first i can recall was a story about my imaginary pet fish. i was 5. i'm always thinking of new things to blog about, and occasionally stealing ideas...

MY PHONE
its a tmobile SDA. i use it to type most of my entries. also to read all you guys' and listen to music. and text and take pix and play games and im... i always have it on me just in case things get boring. strangely i dont talk on it much...

THE WORK COOKIES
no, that's not a euphemism. my job has the best cookies. i have to put myself on restriction when i feel my addiction is getting out of hand. these things are so good they were part of lauren's birthday present this year.

WRITERS
especially roald dahl, anne rice and chuck palahniuk. they are the best in their respective genres. i would rather read MATILDA, QUEEN OF THE DAMNED or FIGHT CLUB than watch them any day.

BOONDOCKS
i have uncle ruckus singing 'new niggas' as a ring tone. i been reading the strip since high school and have all the books. aaron mcgruder is a genius and inspiration for the comic i have yet to write.

there ya have it. my obsessions.

6 comments:

Jameil said...

roald dahl!!! i love him! matilda, the witches, the bfg. i can read them all incessantly. i only like classic jazz. the modern crap makes me want to choke myself. never even heard of bones. stace makes fun of my vickies obsession all the time. i go crazy. i love their new italian undy line. FAB. and target has some new cute undies too.

Jarrod said...

How did you get Uncle Ruckus singing as a ring tone? I need that in my life.

Madam DLBG said...

"Don't u trust dem newwwwww niggassssss over dere"...LOL
I LOVE IT!!!

Feeling LOST but haven't caught bones yet [won't have cable till Friday :-(]

I love Hanes from Tar-jay!

the joy said...

bones comes on fox. watch it people.

jamiel, its clear that there's crack or nicotene (sp) in vs drawers. i begged kesi not to let me buy any when i went in to get my free pair. i then begged him to let me buy one pair. lol

jarrod, my phone also has this brilliant feature where you can record and then set the recording as a ringtone. i can possibly try to email it to you... i also have gangstalicious talking about being 'solution oriented.'

madam, target is what's up. i also get my funky socks from there. you should watch bones. i dvr it.

shani-o said...

I tried to watch Bones, but I just kept thinking...

"Angel! Get out of the sunlight!!"

the joy said...

lol. well of course i started watching bones because i was so saddened by the loss of angel. david boreanas is a hottie.