Friday, August 18, 2006

work-isms

just a few things that cracked me up on the 3 to 12...

"no ma'am." nadia's boyfriend over the speaker phone when she asked him if he would come get her.

"what floor is that on?" many a guest when told we're located on the garden level.

"uh uh boo." me to the loud drunk guests.

"sometimes i wanna kiss her, and sometimes i wanna kick her in the back!" b telling me about his ex, who also works with us.

"i got five kids!" denny anytime people ask her about money, life, general well being...

"i dont do 9 am." me.

"i guess i'll be alright." the guest who BLED ON ME!

"ya'll should stay open til like 3 am." a narcotics anonymous guest when told we'd only be serving coffee until 11.

"sang it, damn it!" a coworker mocking my mother in law.

"you know, i work for the president." a secret service worker who hit on me and subsequently made racist comments about my friend and me.

"who else got a pole in their room?" my supervisor, who has grandkids, and can eat a banana whole.

"6.25?! you take visa?" guests buying cigarettes.

"all the rooms should have one!" a woman mad at the lack of fridges in the 1700 room hotel.

"it's a fantabulicious friday!" My 'not gay' male coworker answering the phone.

"the first man to touch me was an old white guy! i was so confused!" bri talking about her first trip to the gynocologist.

and there are many more...

3 comments:

Madam DLBG said...

LMAO!!!!!!!

"the first man to touch me was an old white guy! i was so confused!"

La said...

Someone BLED on you?!?! Ew! You have cooties!!!

the joy said...

madam, you should have seen her. she was shivering as she talked. it only made things funnier.

lauren- i know right? it was so gross!