Tuesday, June 27, 2006

holla.

remember that episode where will and grace have that wierd neighbor ned and grace mumbles at him so she doesnt have to commit to him?

scene: me on the train writing my entry on ethnicity which i wrote already and managed to mysteriously erase from my phone) i'm annoyed at trying to remember what i wrote.

him: hi.
me: mmmhmm
him: what's your name? (i shrug) oh you dont have a name? (i say nothing) where you going?
me: work.
him: oh yeah, where? i'll come buy something. (i stare into my phone) where you work?
me: i'm not going to answer you so stop asking me stuff.
him: i'm tryin to be nice.
me: that's ok. you dont have to do that.

this is what happens just about every time a guy tries to holler at me. the problem is not that they holler, its that they dont know when to stop.

i asked two different women if i was wrong. clearly i wasn't in the mood to talk, but if just kept on trying! he could have moved on to another, more eligible woman rather than keep trying to break down this steel wall of what is apparently rudeness.

it is not rudeness. what it is is a hint. i'm not single. i'm not interested. i'm not at your level (way above it). sooner or later you will come across the fact that i have a boyfriend, plenty of regular friends, and am so much better than you that it will hurt your heart. kesi calls me bad for self esteem. and he's glad i actually like him. i just dont believe in wasting time. especially my own.

so... next time you get ignored by a pretty girl on the train, move on.

holla.

2 comments:

La said...

LMAO! I take full credit for the post written in high definition self absorbedness... because, well, real talk, sometimes you just gotta be better than bitches. It's not your fault, not his fault, it's just facts. Deal with em.

Jameil said...

omg. how bout this dude came in express when i worked there, pretended to want to buy something while i helped him, then thought it was all too expensive, then said "if i buy something will you go out w/me? i'll let you pick out something to wear somewhere else." he was ok looking so i decided to be nice. i said gimme your number and i'll think abt calling you. except he came back that day. i threw that shit away. lame.