Friday, February 10, 2006

what's your secret?

i bought the book "post secret" the other day after hearing ryan cameron rave on about it on the radio. i read it in one night. its basically people writing down secrets they nevertold anyone and mailing them to this guy as an art project. and these are the things i discovered about us as humans:

*we romanticise EVERYTHING, even our darkest secrets. i'm sure if you think about the secret that you never told ANYONE at all, then think of the reason you dont tell, you'd surely imagine your life spiralling into soap operatic status. whether the secret is good or bad.

*we are so alike and in need when it comes to the things we feel and fear.

* clearly people are voyeuristic. the book is a bestseller. i mean, i make no bones about my desire to enjoy other people's life (reality shows anyone?)

and here's something i discovered about myself: i have no secrets. between my closer friends, all of them know everything about me. i think thats good. confide in someone. or a few someones. as long as you didnt murder someone, i'm sure a good friend might not think you are that strange.

right lauren?

1 comment:

La said...

Im fairly certain I know pretty much everything about you that there is to know. I mean if you can't share entirely too much, too often with your bestest buddy in the world then who? I certainly love it about us.