Wednesday, January 25, 2006

you can call me too! if you have my number...

remember when i said that i was gonna call more than two people in my phone book? i think more people are reading this than i originally believed. they keep calling me! not a problem, not complaining.

one of the people that called was my old high school friend, who i will call james, because no one knows thats his name. james is my ex's wife's ex. but before all that, we were very close. we would skip school and have deep talks- as deep as two 16-year olds can get... then we fell out.

we would skip school together and essentially failed spanish two together. he, my boyfriend at the time, his girlfriend and i would go to my house because it was closest, and watch tv and do other things which may or may not have been illegal. it was a lovely existence until we all werent going to graduate on time.

long ass story which still makes certain people (me? noooo...) really pissed, i wrote them a letter saying that all they wanted to do was skip school and have sex, and that i was over all that (so easy to say when my boyfriend lived in another state by then). i pretty much hypocritically insulted james and his girlfriend, who i had known since 7th grade. needless to say they were igged, especially since they were trying to make changes too- although on a side note james and i are the only ones who actually did graduate out of ALL our crew.

so we drifted. i didnt see or hear of him for literally years. then sometime near new years, i get a myspace message from him apologizing for the way our friendship ended. wow. our exes, who are now married and popping out kids, are probably looking at our pictures with a scowl to this day. and here we are, making up. turns out, we never really had any animosity between the two of us that wasnt fueled by our formers.

so i am meeting him for a late lunch today. i'm sure we will have much to talk about. not only am i sticking to my non-resolutions, i am growing! look at me making friends!!!

No comments: