Sunday, May 10, 2009

Catch up

I can't believe its been a week! I'll make this short because my phone's buttons are sticking. I definitely called them for a new one now that its an effort for me to press O or space.

Anyways. Its hot. I'm adoring this fact since I hate winter clothes and Kesi has been driving me to the bus stop since they robbed the AT&T guy in the same spot my bro got robbed. With a rifle. I don't want any limbs blown off. We haven't heard of anyone else getting robbed but we also haven't heard that dudes got caught either. So no.

I went to an "indoor campfire" Friday night. Crazy right? There was food (no, thank you) plenty alcohol, and.... A country band. I almost died! I thought I'd gotten punked. I respect their musicianship, they sounded great, but that's not me at all. It was funny because the group we came to see, yelawolf, is nothing like that, at least not outwardly. They're a rap/rock/punk group that happens to be from Alabama and Tennessee but it barely reflects in their music, so I was expecting a different opener. Ah well. When yelawolf did get going (oh btw this is the same group I saw in September and the singer took my shades off my face and wore them for a while) it was literally something I've never seen before. They sat around the "campfire" and played acoustic bass, guitar, violin, harmonica and drums. Just freestyled for a while and it sounded awesome. Breezy was with me and he was amazed at it too. He went in a lil skeptical, especially after the country band, but he dug it.

Besides the band, there was the audience. We all got along. Except one guy.... He was about 6foot5, pure muscle, and smelled like clothes in storage. You know what I mean. When you take your winter clothes out of the back of your closet and have to rewash them cuz they have a... Scent. And this guy was a spaz. He was sweaty (it wasn't that hot for his whole body to be glowing) and flailing and wanted to touch everyone and move freely through the crowd. And he had ugly dreds. You know the kind. Breezy has pretty, uniform dreds. This guy's were a Miami mess. Anyways, besides this idiot, the show was hot. If you feel like youtubing, I recommend "box Chevy," and "gone" and he also is on that new slim thug single "I run."

What else? I guess that's it. I have a story to tell but I haven't finished typing it up yet. I want it to be entertaining and informative, lol. Holla!



Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Jameil said...

don't make it so long next time and be safe! good gracious.