Friday, October 24, 2008

What a week!

And it starts over tomorrow! More craziness to ensue.

Monday my manager had me climb the cublicle wall to get some papers out of her office because she wouldn't be in the next day. Of course, being that I almost broke my neck to get them, I read them. It was an incident report from when my supervisor tripped another coworker. Yes, that's right, tripped. She had to go to the hospital. Yeah.

Tuesday.... I don't even remember Tuesday. I went to work.... Wtf did I do? Meh.

Wednesday I was off, and spent part of the day with Kesi. He played fable all day, I internetted all day. Just like a married couple! His brother, H's, girlfriend was over there too, and while she has the name and dance moves of a famous singer, the vocals are lacking. I woke up to her singing... Bless her heart. Can't talk too much junk though, she took me to Mrs Winners once I realized there was no food in the house that didn't require cooking or me throwing up (eggs).

That night I went to my friend Niko's surprise birthday party. Fun! It was of course a special day for me, being my friendaversary, the day my brother left for basic training last year, and Breezy's birthday. So I was grasping for sentiment. I told a couple of guys there, one of whose birthday it also was, about the friendaversary concept, at which point he says "yo dude we should pick a date!" and his friend says "yeah, no." it aint for everybody. Karina made lumpia, which I definitely have to start making. Rolled, fried turkey? Oh yes please. There was a line in the kitchen before she pulled them out the fryer.

Niko's mom is a doll. She's a pure trip. She left the party because the liquor selection was not up to par for her to take a shot with her son. Came back 15 minutes later with my friend Jose. I got some great shots of that too. I was the unofficial photographer.

At some point a neighbor called the cops because we were "loud." whatevs! It was like 10 PM! Apparently the smokers were yakking under her window. As a person who hits the bed at 2am, no sympathy. Though I've never had the cops called on me before, so maybe I'm just unnecessarily indignant.

Thursday- yo, hold up. I can't believe I forgot Tuesday! I worked 11 hours! I worked banquets from 10 to 430 and Starbucks from 5-10. Banquets had me going nonstop. But it was worth 3x my normal pay. And its gonna pay for kesi's birthday and thensome. But I was tired!!! I almost fell asleep at the register.

Anyways Thursday, Greencard said she was unable to work, so the schedule got rearranged. Guess who I see downstairs working a banquet when I was headed to lunch? Mmm. And she's all, "I'll keep your secret if you keep mine." when I told her I didn't have any secrets she said "you will." now I'm all for getting that paper, but you can't call in to your department to work in another. Its not a good look.

Tonight I worked ALONE. Work Sam called in because of a family emergency. When I talked to her she couldn't understand why the supervisor in charge of the schedule was mad at her. Because she's the girl who cried wolf. Every weekend for the past month she has had some kind of reason why she can't work. And now that there's a legit reason, no one wants to hear it. And now because of her we can't rotate weekends anymore. Luckily I still have next weekend off. And I'm not switching with nobody! I'm going to meet Jameil!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!!!...And enjoy your weekend off :-)

Them: Wanna Trade?

U: Nope! Nope!

Them: Please?!?!?

U: I told you NO!!! Plus YOU messed it up for errrbody else!!!

LOL!

(That's the feel)

Southerner in Suomi said...

Egg are gagerific!!

Why are these people not fired!?!?

the joy said...

bmore- thanks!! girl thats just how itll go too, lol

diz- i think i smell eggs now and its making me feel funny. i dont know but when she gets back to work she's getting wrote up.

Rashan Jamal said...

tripped her on purpose? what kind of people do you work with? LOL

3x normal pay is awesome!! Lemme hold a couple of dollars?

Jameil said...

JAMEIL ROCKS!!!! Wait. Oh. Lol. Eggs are delicious. Love them in every form though not runny. "I love eggs, from my head down to my legs." "being that I almost broke my neck to get them, I read them." DEAD! Hilarity! Loves it! Lmao @ "you will." word chick? i'll have work secrets? nah, i'm straight. lol. me and rah sit on the phone in companionable silence quite often. i like it. lumpia sounds nasty. it needs a new name. LOVE bless her heart. it's the best slick insult EVER! i can't stand people who call of weekends (you know when i had a job). they SUCK!