Monday, August 18, 2008

Exhale

"I'm sorry that your friend died. That really sucks. I know that ur probably having a hard time right now, but I have 2 say something. For the sake of my own mind I cant continue this. I cant act like we were once friends that just drifted apart. What we had ended badly, at least thats how I see it. So I cant just talk to you now like everythings ok. It makes my head and my heart hurt and it puts me back where I was when we were 17. I'm so different now. I just want you to know that I never cheated on you and I never lied to you. Whatever you may think, that's the truth. There r so many questions that I had back then that r unanswered and thats fine."

I finally got to say what I needed. And I got a really unexpected answer...

"If u don't want 2 talk, i understand. U were my 1st, and that's a big deal! Don't want 2 make u uncomfy! I was lied 2, just want u 2 know, i'm sorry. Kesi is a very lucky man! U r a great woman!"

Wow. Surprising me at every turn. And an extraneous use of exclamations. I thought I was bad.

"I owe u an explanation. U will always have part of me, and 1 day u'll want 2 know why i gave up on us."

That's left to question, but I told him that if he wanted to explain I'd listen. Its all rafiki to me, but I can appreciate the need to get things off your chest and taking that opportunity.

La asked me if I feel better:

"I really do. No longer like screaming, but I may cry when I get home. I mean, every time I thought about our relationship there was always the remorse of "oh well, so many things unsaid," but I think I have closure now. I hope he's happy with his cats.*"

For the record, I didn't cry. I snuggled with Kesi and watched cartoons. A much better release, I think.



*the line about the cats is from "FRIENDS." that was a funny scene.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Don't really know what to say without sounding like judgy guy but here goes nothing.

Seems like its been enough time to get over this situation especially since you have a good thing with Kesi. I'm sure you wouldn't want him obsessing over a relationship that ended all them years ago.

But what do I know anyway? LOL

the joy said...

I don't believe I've been obsessive. Up until a few weeks ago I believed that I would never talk to or see this person ever again and I was fine with that. But when the opportuinity arose I told myself that I was going to say the things I never got a chance too (we never really broke up- I found out he betrayed me and I stopped talking to him.). Kesi's known me since I was 14 so he knows all the drama and knows that ken is not a threat to what we have.

And you did sound a lil judgy but its ok cuz you're my homie, lol.

Jameil said...

snuggling is fab. here's to more of that and moving on. cheers.