Friday, June 27, 2008

Back for the 08!

Its been a while since I've done a hate list. But considering right now, I'm feeling particularly hateful. But not so much that I can think of more than 5 things that I hate right now. They're big things, but not many things. Its the quality, not the quantity.

1. Late deliveries.
Our stock delivery was late at work. And we're very busy. Here are the things we ran out of:
*grande cups
*Fat Free milk
*soy milk
*cup sleeves
*creme frap base
*coffee frap base
*coffee light frap base
*sugar
*Vanilla syrup
*"classic" syrup
*lemonade
Meanwhile we had back to back groups of young adults, which means they wanted frapucinos. Do you know how much money we lost? Additionally, we have ads all over the store for blended lemonade and mint mocha fraps, so of course people want that, and get pissed when we say we don't have it, which I can understand. Then our manager went and got us some frap mix, and we subsequently ran out of mocha and whipped cream. Yay! Yesterday was the wackness.

2.T pain's top hats
They're getting bigger. What is he? The ringmaster of coonery? Its not a hot look. Neither are the golds that make his teeth look yellow. And his face doesn't do anything for the equation either. And he wears them everywhere? He must have like 50 top hats of various heights, each reflecting the foolishness of the particular event he's at. The one at the BET awards was the biggest so far.

3. Duffy's dimples
Don't get me wrong. I really like Duffy. "serious," "syrup and honey" and "rockferry" are really good songs. I tend to sing along at work. But watching her sing makes me not like the song. I don't think its just the dimples, but they're there even when her face isn't moving and that's weird. I think its more that her voice doesn't go with her face, in my opinion, and so I rather imagine that she looks like she's gone through some stuff. Like Adele. I believe her. She doesn't look packaged.

4. Black men with mohawks.
The only acception is Kesi's brother H. He has this loose, curly hair that works for the hawk. But when you're fashioning your afro into a hawk? It needs to stop. I automatically think you're a poseur. Yes, you're such a poser you deserve the "u" added in. H got his mohawk for symbolic reasons (he had one last year too. If you feel like checking the late may/early June archives there's pics there) and it happens to look great. But you, Mr Ed Hardy shirt? Bah to you. You are lame.

5. Gatorade
I just missed the bus, so I decided to go to the lil cultural market (its really a corner store owned by Africans, but its not on a corner and they sell African, Caribbean and Spanish food there) and get me a bev. You know, cuz its hot. So I open my drink, and it flies out, leaving drops of red ass drink on me and the bag of "going out" clothes I have in my hand. And on me. So now I'm pissed cuz I'm nowhere near a sink or washing machine, and these shorts I plan to wear are white and light blue sailor stripes. WHITE! And LIGHT BLUE! Ugh. So now I have to figure out how to get this stain out and not be late for work. I have 20 minutes to get off the train and to work, change into my uniform and get a stain off my shorts so they can dry while I work. Not happening. I can't leave it because it'll set in and I'll be even more pissed. And did I mention I've never worn these shorts? Argh! I wanna hit somebody. And I lost most of my appetite for the drink, since spilling it on my shirt makes me look like a 5 year old... Hate.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jameil said...

hahahaha. you SO need a hug. mad @ you not liking duffy b/c GOD FORBID SHE HAVE CREASES IN HER FACE W/O MOVING IT!! THAT WHORE!! too funny!!!! also dead @ "The ringmaster of coonery"!!!!!! joy! you are insane and i love it! hahaha. the bk near stace is like your bucks. they run out of meat, lettuce and ketchup on the regular... JUST CLOSE!! the mohawks on black dudes i can get w/if they are skater-lookin dudes.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i dont even know what a frap base is
guess im toooo country

the joy said...

Jam- that's just weird to me. She's got what I call a mush face. As far as the mohawks, I agree. I hate Chris Brown right now. But if you're a lil deviant looking, you get a pass.

Torrence- its just the stuff we put in our blended beverages. It reminds me of unfrozen ice cream, which is probably what it is. It cracks me up when people say they don't have a Starbucks near them when they're in their home town. There's another one a block away from my job, and yet another 4 blocks from that.

Southerner in Suomi said...

LMAO@ "the ringmaster of coonery"
That's EXACTLY what he is!!

*cyber hug* for the bad start of the day

Adei von K said...

yo, that is EXTRA wack to not have the necessities!! like jameil said, i wanted a BURGER at BURGER KING...

*don't want to re-live anymore than I already have...*

girl. the top hats must stop. no one has EVER been able to rock one right. and here he goes bedazzling his... ringleader of coonery... YES!!

I LIKE the afro mohawks! i think they're cute! they AREN'T cute now... too many (old) people have jumped on the bandwagon (musiq solchild, any man over 28 y.o) and that's my only qualm with it. CB? if he didn't dye the middle. have you ever seen a kindergarten boy with a mohawk??? THE CUTEST!