Thursday, June 12, 2008

5 senses

i just finished reading "when you are engulfed in flames" by david sedaris. last year Jameil advised me to read another of his books and i fell in love with him. im passing that book onto my friend sammy sam because she saw david on the daily show and fell in love with him. i recommend you buy this book. the thing that inspired the title? pure comedy. i was quoting it and laughing and people were very concerned about me. lol so buy it ok? its definitely inspiring the short story writer in me. how he remembers all this is beyond me. but im glad for it.

i just bought NERD's "seeing sounds." im listening to it now. there's a song called "kill joy." damn!!! be that way pharell! after all ive done? psh... anywas i really like "anti matter." the chick on that song, you can almost hear her neck rolling, lol. also, the drums on this album are on point. i love drums. i wish i could play. im not very good at multitasking my whole body toward one thing. i tried once, and got upstaged by a drag queen.

kesi and i just got from Yasin's seafood. i had a po' boy and he had enough whiting to feed his whole family... i mean even the ones in missouri, lol. it was so good. his mom said i be leaving food in the fridge all the time. i dont mean to!!! i just be forgetting! i leave the house at like 2 in the morning and im not thinking about my leftovers. in the middle of the conversation and i was like "ooh you got fudge pops?!?!?!" she was semi amused. but damn it if i dont want that fudge pop right now!!! btw there's half a po' boy in the fridge....

i want that fudge pop so bad cuz its hot!!!! i mean, record breaking temps down here. and aside for a total of 20 minutes the past 2 days, we havent seen rain since aprilish. im sweating in really not nice places. i'll let you think about that. i had a temper tantrum the other night because i was sweating behind my knees. at NIGHT!!! evil! who does that? full dislosure, ive been trying to go without a bra as much as possible. i am currently hating these gifts god has given me, simply because they require a harness. on the upside, its perfect weather for Whitewater!!!! we're going to the water park!!! i plan on spending quite a bit of time in the lazy river, getting my puffy blue-black (or in my case, caramel-bronze) on. kesi will be getting his amber- honey on. light skinned people always remind me of baked chicken at the end of summer.

because its hot and rainless, the water stinks. algae overpopulation for about the past few weeks. its gross cuz then you smell funny when you get out of the shower. you dont smell fresh and clean, you smell like algae, which iosnt bad, just indescribable. and at work, its interesting to wash things in this smelly water. rinse things out. some places had up signs that said "water smells today, we suggest bottled water." its not bad to drink, but im sure it has a tinge of sea monkey to it. you know what else smells? chai. i dont know how los angelista drinks it so much. maybe it changes with the milk. but once i got it on my hands, i then had to choose between smelling that or the weird water. i chose the water cuz its not brown and sticky (btw all starbucks use filtered water in beverages, so dont worry!). in ct sometimes the water would be brown, and they'd tell us not to drink it. but it never smelled....

7 comments:

Adei von K said...

ewww!

i wish i could post a pic of my screw face right now!!

drew loves seeing sounds. i can dig it :-)

the baked chicken ref has me crackin up!

"a tinge of sea monkey"???
i'm done with u joy.

who? said...

Don't read much fiction... is it fiction... where the hell is the genre? anyway... may check it out, because I know you'd never steer me wrong... and I'm Coppin that N.E.R.D tomorrow... got to... what's a po' boy?... and it was hot like that up here like 2 days ago... then there was this crazy thunderstorm... striking the ground and flipping up chunks of the street and whatnot... that was SO crazy... glad my side didn't get that thunder

La said...

"its not bad to drink, but im sure it has a tinge of sea monkey to it"


Ew. lol

I wanted to read that. I guess I will have to now

Jameil said...

dead @ im not very good at multitasking my whole body (queens upstage nearly everyone FYI) and baked chicken! hilarity!! i'ma have to check out that sedaris book! so do you like the album or just a few songs? on a tinge of sea monkey? no ma'am!! can you mail me your po boy? night sweats are not sexy for any year or season.

the joy said...

Stace- I know right? Totally gross. I love the album. It and the new gnarls Barkley.

Cannon- its not fiction. Its about his childhood and other life stories. A po boy is a new Orleans version of a sub sammich. Usually with seafood in it. Mine was shrimp. We got lightning too but it was mostly inner cloud.

La- you can borrow mine. And I think you needed to know about the water, lol.

Jam- yeah they do, but she wasn't even dainty about the drums! I mean, cast aside all your womanhood for a drum solo? Bah. I love the album. "yeah you" is funny. i have been a nerd head from jump. Send me your address and you can have my half eaten sammich, lol.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

got that nerd - funky
and get one of my books one day will ya lol

Southerner in Suomi said...

LMAO@ the colors. I always say I go from golden brown to chocolate brown during training season.

Four hour practices were not the hotness, but I looked good!! Lol.