Friday, March 14, 2008

Informal survey

So the other day I was having a deep political conversation with a few coworkers, where some things were said, lol. I said I wouldn't vote for barack if he were a republican, which caused me to have to explain myself (what I meant was I wouldn't vote for a black republican just because he was black. Politically there are things that are the basis of republican-ness that I just can't stand by) and the guy we were talking to said he likes Hilary because she was "dangerous," as in the other side HATES her. The evil manager said she'd vote for McCain if Barack lost, which I found interesting because they don't stand for remotely similar things. And also because I would never vote for McCain.

So this, and the fact that it was one of Jack cafferty's questions that day, made me wonder, if the person you wanted to win the nomination didn't, who would you vote for in November? I would hold off on the quick answer, but I think its clear I'd vote for Hills if Barack didn't get the nom. But I'll explain why later. Btw, she did say she hopes we will vote for him if she doesn't.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Adei von K said...

we're on the same page. its barack, then hills. and that's it.

Jameil said...

the more hills does the less i want to vote for her if barack doesn't win the nomination. i don't trust her.

GreatWhyte said...

Hillary or bust. I can put aside my dislike for her current tactics because I believe in her policies. Maybe because they're the same as Barack's? LMFAO!! I know without a doubt that if I were running for President, then the sky would be the limit. When the platforms are as similar as Clinton and Obama's, you have to start to differentiate yourself from your opponent. It sounds good and feels fuzzy to say that you woud never make the race personal, but there's no where else to go but there. McCain simply isn't an option for me just based on his military position alone.

the joy said...

Ok, so here's my answer. If by some conspiracy, Mr O is not nominated, it will become the classic "lesser of 2 evils" thing for me. Yeah I might not like hills much, but I prob wouldn't mind her tactics if they were used against someone else, you know? Plus, like X said, Obama and Clinton's policies are very similar in the ways that count. Also, I cannot, CANNOT vote for a man who seems to not care how long we stay in Iraq, and says he's now learning about the economy. Plus I'd pretty much be voting for his VP because I don't think McCain has 4 more years in him. Conclusionally, I can't not vote, because I just have to. I am compelled to. I need to, for my own sanity, say truthfully that I voted. I gotta take at least that little bit of control.

Stephen R. said...

I'm with you, except I'm more of a Hilary fan than a Barack fan currently. But those who would vote McCain just because their first choice doesn't win the nomination are the ones who are trying to divide the Democratic Party, not Barack or Hilary.