Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Christmas party

*can we take the time to enjoy my flyness? This is me in the bathroom at work. I wanted you all to see my hat!



*i think my crew and I were going pro-boob that night. Big or small.

*sing it with me now, "oh, oh, oh, put your freakum dress on!"



*oh, believe that we did the entire "get me bodied" breakdown, except the drop to your knees part. This was still the place we worked at.

And I killed the Naomi Campbell walk.

*what is that? Velvet? Lol suede? Mink? Man... I don't know.



*they gave us 2 drink tickets with which to get our alcohol. Why were the two lushiest lushes stationed mere feet away from my table? I mean, chicks didn't take not 1 ticket.

*a guy who works at the bar upstairs, "uncle" Eric. He calls me "niecey." just about the only man who matched my classic version of style.



*ok, there was this one lady who was trying to do every line dance there was, and she seemed to bump into me at every turn. She Superman-ed me, cha cha-d me, cupid shuffled me... Sigh.

*my boy Skylar (I know, right?) had the quote of the night: "2009 I'm gonna stop talking shit about people." "what about 2008 skylar?" "you gotta give me time to build up to it! And come 2010, I'm right back on ya'll asses."



* um, what are YOU doing? Please know the dude in blue was doing that ish all night. ALL night. And at one point, he has a partner! They're all bumping chests and mugging! Lawd help me.




*i accidentally erased the video of us doing the "second line," a New Orleans dance. Ooh that one was fun. It was like a smooth conga line.



*We owned the area around the stage. We did dance routines for the DJ.



*Amen for drunk white people. She was dancing.



*Smitty, an Atlanta Legend (I love this man) walking it out.



*almost all of us had on the same shoes in like 8 different colors.


6 comments:

the joy said...

i know the video is hard to see, but, when you see the guy semi-spazzing thats who im talking about. it came out nice on my camrea...

Adei von K said...

like your hat, the black freekum dress, "uncle"'s look. not feeling the furmink/rabbit fur look...

you looked classy Joy!! love your shoes :-)

is that a sew-in? press? relaxer in your hair?

La said...

how cute are you!!!

ahhhhh! Smitty!!! lol

Um... I'ma need that red dress homegirl is rockin' all the way to the right in the 1st pic. Can you find out where she got it? Thanks.

And firl u know thats wombat.

Ms.Lady said...

YOU LOOKED SOOO PREEETTY...seems like you had a good time..good for you!! you KNOW im LUVEN the shoes...SssseeXxxaaayy.

the joy said...

Stace- thanks! Girl my mom pressed the bajesus out of my head. I love her for that. The worst part is he was sweating! Why are you wearing a bearskin rug outfit if you're just gonna sweat on it?

La- :) that outfit was made for me. Waiting for me. Yes I'll ask her.

Ms lady- thanks, I had such a good time. I thought I had taken more pictures, turns out I was just having too much fun.

Jameil said...

JOY!! you're a grown up!! fab!!