Wednesday, January 10, 2007

i got a problem ya'll

i really do.

if you dont know, and where have you been, i have a fro. its easy to maintain but my hair tangles easily. so i like to braid it or put it in a ponytail. but... even then it still tangles. and i hate it. and i tend to try to get the tangles out, without proper tools. and i pull my hair out.

that's my problem. i'm always pulling my hair out. i'd rather the hair be gone than have a knot in it. i leave dna everywhere. i have split ends. i think that's why my hair is still the same length since i originally stopped perming it. the front knots less and its longer. i barely mess with it. but the back has yet to touch my shoulders. i been growing my hair since i was 15.

shit ya'll people are starting to notice. this girl at my job and i were talking and she said, why are you always pulling your hair out? i asked kesi and he said he noticed it too. i do it without thinking. its bugging me and i dont wanna be bald!

its a compulsive disorder. its called trichotelomania, or however you spell it. i heard about it a long time ago and the name stayed in the back of my head and i denied it. but now i'm concerned. what can i do? do i need a therapist? help!

8 comments:

Madam DLBG said...

I have a fro too, but my prob is opposite...it grows uncontrollably. I have to do a HUGE cut once a year because once it's too big it begins to annoy me.

I've found that washing my hair once a week and oiling it in teh scalp, plus two strand twisting (NOT braiding) controls all the factors you've mentioned...tangles, growth, falling out.

the joy said...

yeah. i was watching tyra and the girl on there has it worse than me. she literally is bald. and with her i think its a control thing. with me its like picking scabs. i cant help it even though it gives me no relief. today my hair is braided and i dont have time to double strand it cuz any free hand time is spent crocheting. it takes hours to do my hair.

Jameil said...

geez. a therapist is a good idea. a licensed cosmetologist wouldn't be a bad idea either. a LICENSED one. not boneqweesha down the street!

the joy said...

my mom's a cosmetlogist. she said she was gonna start doing my hair.

La said...

PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR MOTHER TOUCH YOU HAIR!!!!

*ahem*

Go see a therapist. And directly after that, go see Paris. You know I believe he's the answer to all the world's ills.

the joy said...

i might do the therapist thing. now that i have insurance...

la stop being dramatic. she's not so bad when she listens to me. i cant afford a stylist. even lovely paris, who will beat me if he knew what i was doing. maybe if i become a supervisor...

La said...

When, in 22, almost 23 years of living has she listened to you?

that is all.

Madam DLBG said...

Joy...not small two strands, large ones, as big as you can get them with your hair. should'nt take more than and hour and once you're good at it, around thirty...IF