Saturday, December 02, 2006

dear friend,

sigh. how have you been? we havent spoken lately, but that's to be expected. so many reasons. but youre on my mind and you should know. good and bad... youre on my mind.

i try. i do. i try to stay out of my friends' love lives because i have a generally optimistic view and always hope things will go right, but sometimes right isnt what we hope it is. you can guarantee that the first thing out of my mouth will be, you all can work it out. even if its not meant to be. even if i dont think they're good enough for you- as the case may be with another of my friends. its important for you to be happy. and that's why i'm blogging this rather than calling you. that, and i hate confrontations.

i noticed an interesting dynamic in your current relationship. i've been there. i hate to say it but i've been thinking it for so long. it reminds me of mine with my ex. you remind me of him sometimes and i hate that in you. you know i love you but i would never want another person to be treated the way he treated me. no matter how i feel about them. i was completely wrapped in him and his interests were elsewhere. sound familiar? i know you have love for this person but do they know how you cried over someone else? about the time you and this other person spent together? innocent or not. its still a secret and secrets hurt.

think about your parents. how you say they would argue about things that happened a long time ago. when you were little. before you were even born. things that should have been resolved years ago. and look at the result. i know you dont want to be that way. you have a good heart. you try to spare feelings. stop it. say how you feel and be honest. who do you love that doesnt deserve the truth? you think that maybe they cant handle it. but is it you who cant handle how they would react?

i say these things because i really do love you and its hard and it hurts. sometimes time invested is a lesson learned. i want people to have the true impression of who you are. but do you know who that is? can you put that out toward everyone? this is not just about your love relationship, but about our relationship too. you come to me and ask me things and make confessions and sometimes its to different from day to day that i dont know what to make of it.

think about what i'm saying. that is, if you read my blog... its all from the heart. trust me. know that i have your back. i want you to be happy. the cards have to be laid out. its the only way.

-K-

5 comments:

Jameil said...

i'm not sure i think everything should be told. somethings would bring unnecessary strife. if it was harmless, then why say it and let it be blown out of proportion. i understand the secrets thing but no man wants to hear that his girl was crying over another man.

the joy said...

youre right. but just by virtue of the fact that my friend- whose gender i never specified on purpose, was drying over someone else so deep into their relationship, shows that maybe my friend shouldnt be in one. that's the most relevant honesty.

Adei von K said...

damn, i hope whoever reads this knows who they are and recognizes your concern.

i like your M.O. I'm a letter writer myself. of course if it leads to conversation, i won't shy away but... yeah, dropping a note is always better for me.

La said...

Thanks for that. I've been trying to write this for a month now.

the joy said...

stace- i feel like writing is the only way to completely get your point across. and you always have the ability to choose the right words. i'm such a letter writer. i like to be preserved.

la- should i send it?