Thursday, August 03, 2006

internally fat.

alton brown is eating a pig's foot. i almost hate him, but he hated it.

i love 'good eats'. i love the food network in general. but especially this show. every night at two i watch alton tell me how to better cook my food. btw, i havent cooked anything other than the ramen noodles i just polished off in a very long time. but i watch him cook because its unbelievably intriguing.

when i was 11 i met a man. his name was steven. he was so smart. and he kept my interest. he made me laugh, and made me smart too. he was a dork but the kind that makes you wanna be just like him. whenever i got bad grades he'd look at me in a way that let me know we both knew i could do better.

this man, steven, is the reason i'm good at math. also, the reason i ended up with such a smart man myself. also, my best friend's stepdad. we call him dad.

alton reminds me of him. he's a smart man who takes the most simple of subjects, melons, for instance, and makes you sit there for a half hour and listen to him talk about why cantelopes are really musk melons in america because you can only find cantelopes in europe.

now i'm watching his new show, feasting on asphalt. he was in savannah- he's from toccoa and tapes mostly in ga- eating a pickled pig's foot as a cultural experiment. he interviews owners of restaurants about their love of food and its effect on their lives and the people around them. great show. must watch.

btw, i'm internally fat because i'm small but i love food. most people think i dont eat. but man- i am a slave to my appetite. i believe in good eats.

4 comments:

shani-o said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Alton Brown! I'm such a huge fan of Good Eats. It's probably the only show on the Food Network (besides Food Network Challenge) that I will stop to watch.

I too love Steven. I met him briefly at the end of the year and he was so NICE. And smart. AND, he introduced me to a new drink - the highball.

Lauren has the best stepdad ever.

Jameil said...

i believe in good eats too but i hate that show. i just can't sit and watch you talk abt food for 7 hours. that's what it feels like to me. i would like him if he actually cooked for more than the last 1/2 mins of the show. that irritates me. i luuuuuuurve food network. my fave is 30 min meals. i also like everyday italian. but i can watch just abt anything. if that's internally fat, then count me in. i was scared to watch the new show b/c i don't like good eats. i guess i'll give it a shot. i'll let you know how it goes.

the joy said...

i love the challenge too. did you see the one where the man's boat cake fell apart at the last minute? drama! i wanna make a theme cake. i got my grandma's m&m cake, which consists of just adding them to chocolate cake...

La said...

It's official... my dad is cooler than yours.