Friday, June 16, 2006

if you leave, i wont cry...

i just got some pretty sucky news today. my best friend, who was supposed to come this weekend, isnt. boo.

what's worse is that she's moving to texas and not staying here when she leaves DC. more boo. i assumed i'd only have to spend 4 years without her.

we dont talk much. we usually text or im each other. besides the random voicemail, i havent heard her voice since i saw her a month ago. but that's how we are. even when we were in the same room our best times were spent not saying much- just writing, singing, sleeping. much non verbal communication.

i'm talking like this is the end. its not. we'll always be best friends, i'm sure of it. it just comes so naturally. but its so odd to not have her around. odd after 4 years. thats why i travel so much. there's nothing else in dc for me anymore. i hope houston is fun.

and so i guess i'll be spending this sunday with my dad or something. blah. i really wanted to see nacho libre with my homie. dont go seeing it without me lady.

ps: i hope whoever soured you against this city leaves or makes things right or never comes back here. i want you to live here again.

4 comments:

justmeReka said...

and yoj I feel ur pain...I say that when she gets to Tex..ass .lol we go visit at the same time ..(cause I'd like to like at u as well)..and give her hugs!! and see how much fun them texas boys are.

La said...

sigh. no one soured me on the city. apparently part of this whole being a grown up thing means making decisions you dont wanna make even when you know they're best. this is 1 of those things. we all know i had my heart set on moving back home, but i also realize if i do theres a good possibility i'd get stuck there. and then how will i make enough money to buy us shiny things and get you an F150? LOL

I support you guys coming to visit at the same time. I miss you both. I don't get close to too many women often so you guys are valuable. The good news is my mother's connections can get us into some pretty VIP events all over the city. But mostly I'd like to just sit in my room and talk and laugh with you guys...and beat joy up with pillows :-)

Jameil said...

my roomie left the bmore area and moved to houston w/o me seeing her. so sad.

the joy said...

oh, pillows eh? remember, i practice defensive sleeping.