Saturday, April 22, 2006

ok. lets speak of ladylike behavior.

not the kind of ladylike behavior such as not spitting(do) and crossing your legs(dont do much), but the kind that affects the way males who we have been with percieve us. example:

Girl #1: I hung out with Jeff last night, this guy I just met.
Girl #2: Yeah, did you have sex with him?
Girl #1: NOOO! I just met him, I only gave him a blow job. I know we'll run into each other again and I didn't want things to be awkward.

this is from overheardinnewyork.com. key word, OVERHEARD!!!

i only mention this because i accidentally made myself look like a complete skank the other night. my manager and i were having quite the conversation about sex and sexuality, and that spilled out onto our walk to the safe downstairs (i work in a hotel, all the money goes into a commonly accesible room). we and two other co workers were sharing stories about "our first time" and i mentioned that kesi's and my first included a very unromantic song. on repeat. so someone asks, "was he your first?" and i say, "nooooooooooo," in that way that implies that he wasnt even close to the first, which isnt the case.

so then i had to awkwardly announce that, no i am not a slut, (after not ten minutes before getting molested by another coworker's butt, and telling how kesi likes one of my friends' breasts) and that i REALLY made it seem like i was. then i said all my exes leave atlanta after we break up.

now that i have the weekend off, taking 48 hours of my time to explain all these intimate facts i bandied about the hotel commons, i realize how these things can be misconstrued. should i care? is it affecting much?

i dont know. but i know that if they are anything like me, they will have heard what i said and formulate wild generalizations about me and my private life. for instance, i can pretty much conclude that girl one is a bit of a drinker and has given many men "a piece of her mind," if you know what i mean. so lets just hope they are not like me.

i have an expression that i always say when people say, "did you hear so-and-so did this or that?" and it goes:

"i'm not fuckin them. why should i care?"

that, to me, is ladylike. we're too concerned. then again, we are telling our best friends about random BJs and throwing elaborate quince's-complete with a bellydance routine-in order to make our exes jealous. we have to be more tactful ladies!!!! stop letting the men know our plans! its all about subtlety.

so alas, people i have 24 more hours to mull this over and hope that the night where i was less than subtle is forgotten. we always seem to worry about the stupid or inappropriate things we say, more than the people we say them to seem to. hopefully its true this time. i guess we'll find out monday, if someone starts singing three6 mafia.

No comments: