Friday, March 03, 2006

-I'm a cheerleader! -Thats because you look cute in the skirt.

(originally written a few days ago. i'm still swolen and still cant get a doctor.)


This is all very true. Over the past week alone, i've comforted a friend who lost money, did the seat shimmy for another who rapped, and encouraged a third that her post graduation plans were perfect for her. I have the uncanny ability to see the bright side of everything while still being realistic, which i think is the reason they love me.

But right now, i'm sitting, surrounded by people, trying not to cry. Last thursday i woke up to a mildly swolen ankle. My ankle swells from time to time; my heel dropped into a hole and overextended when i was playing softball in high school. It goes away and is never a big deal. I even joked that kesi kicked me while we slept the night before.

Later that day, i was tired of limping and decided to get an ankle wrap from first aid at work. Its been wrapped on and off ever since. Its tuesday.

So today i decide enough is enough. My mom, who massaged my ankle and leg (did i mention the pain shoots up my leg behind my shin?) said i should go to the clinic near my brother's school. Long story short, the lady there tells me that:
a. theyre closed,
b. they are by appointment, and
c. the's next available one is in april.
If my ankle is still swolen by then, i'm the stupid one for letting it be.

So i cant be the cheerleader right now. I can barely walk and its throwing my whole body off. It makes me sad and i feel crippled. So i'm gonna try another doctor friday, the only other day i have off. I wish i could see the bright side of this, and i wish i could run to it.

2 comments:

La said...

Aa my dear you don't have to be cheerleader. I'll be cheerleader. Excuse me... (she goes and puts on her TCHS cheerleading uniform...give her a few moments as it is impossibly tight...)

Come on Joy you can do...ew, this cheer sucks.

ANywho, its about time you admitted you can't be chipper all the time and you certainly shouldn't have to be. Let us cheer you for a change.

the joy said...

ok, ok...but cheer me on in your regular clothes. no tchs pariphenalia (or however you spell it).