Tuesday, December 13, 2005

i was not screening...i was at work

i am always at work. i live there now, didnt you hear?

i am always at work, or school or in transit, or rarely sleeping. i am 22 for god sakes!!!!!

i was listening to the radio yesterday morning (on my way to work, naturally) and they asked the question "who out there hasnt been out in ages?" and they wanted the best stories as to when you had been to a club or a party, and how long its been. and i thought about it...lets just run down the list:

*october: went to fur(?) in DC, waited for 1.5 hours. didnt get in. cam'ron got shot.
*april: lauren came to town. went to 112 and got there an hour before last call but still woulda paid $20. we went to intermezzo instead and had a bad time.
*february: turned 21, went BOWLING and had my first legal drink. had a great time with 5 friends.
*december: job's christmas party which kesi didnt come with me to because he "couldnt find his slacks."
* october 2002: went to some club in DC whose name sounds like b2k... lauren's friend's girlfriend whined the whole time.

and next week the christmas party comes back around. i am going and i am gonna have a damn good time if i have to give that man i date a pair of my pants to put on. then comes christmas where after my best friend (who i wrote about in the 10 minutes i had time to do so when i was taking a break from my sociology project, and could have done a better job describing how much she means to me but i was rushed as the project was due the next day and didnt have any other time to do it) reads this she will surely drag me out of the house to Compound and make me drink like the irresponsible 20something i am not. and then new years where my mother in law will try to get me to smoke weed with her, which i will decline beacuse it makes me more dizzy than anything else nowadays.

until then i have 2 finals, 3 more days of work, a song analysis i an supposed to be doing now, and a secret santa present to buy. also getting my car fixed so someone else can drive it cuz i dont have a license nor time to get one.

so no dear, i wasnt screening you. i would have loved to pick up, but i was at work. i am am always at work.

No comments: